| FRENCH BULL DOG CLUB OF AMERICA CODE OF ETHICS
|This Code is established in accordance with the objectives of the French Bulldog Club of America as set forth in Article I, Section 2 of the Club Constitution. It is presented as a guideline for the use of FBDCA members when buying, breeding, selling and exhibiting French Bulldogs. Violators of the FBDCA Code of Ethics will be subject to prompt action under FBDCA grievance and charge procedures.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of the French Bulldog Club of America and the rules of the American Kennel Club.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will keep accurate breeding records, registration papers and pedigrees.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will furnish accurate records to each buyer of all shots and wormings, pedigree, and AKC registration or transfer documents, unless written agreement is made at time of sale that papers will be withheld.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will have all services and sales agreements, mutually agreed upon, stating in writing, and signed by all parties involved.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will maintain the best possible standards of canine health, cleanliness and care.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will conduct all advertising in an honest manner that will not, in any way, misrepresent, defraud or mislead.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will offer only dogs for stud or bitches for breeding that are in good health and free from communicable diseases and disqualifying genetic faults.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I agree that I will not breed any stud dog to any bitch whose owner is directly involved with any puppy broker, puppy mill, litter lot sales or any other commercial enterprise whose business is involved in like activities.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will breed a bitch only with the intent that this particular breeding will improve the breed.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will not sell a French Bulldog to any commercial facility, puppy brokers, pet shop, puppy mill or agent thereof.
As a member of the French Bulldog Club of America, I will conduct myself at all times in such a way as to reflect credit on the sport of purebred dog showing in general and French Bulldogs in particular.
|Signed: The NCFBC Membership
|FRENCH BULL DOG CLUB OF AMERICA
CODE OF ETHICS
|The purpose of the NCFBC Code of Ethics is to ensure that every member acts in the best interest, and future of the breed.
1. I have an obligation to protect the interests of the French Bulldog and the NCFBC. I will at all times conduct myself in a manner that reflects positively upon the breed and the NCFBC.
2. I will not engage in misleading or false advertising or discourse regarding other owners, breeders, breeding practices, dogs that are not my own, and judges, etc. I will show good sportsmanship at all times, and to the French Bulldog fancy in particular. I will at all times be honest and conduct myself with integrity.
3. I will maintain a high standard of health and care for my French Bulldogs.
4. I will comply with the AKC, French Bulldog Club of America, and NCFBC rules and regulations to ensure the preservation of the breed.
5. I will offer assistance and advice to less experienced fanciers in a helpful and courteous manner, and will respond willingly and truthfully to all questions from the public on the standard and care of the French Bulldog.
6. I will never engage in wholesaling litters, individual sales, or consignments to pet stores and catalogues! I will not donate dogs for prizes, contests, raffles, auctions, fund raisers, or to commercial enterprises, or to those persons that do, or give stud service to the same, no matter how charitable, or on-line.
ENFORCEMENT AND DISCIPLINE
1. It is the obligation of any member observing an act that violates the NCFBC
Code of Ethics to submit a written, signed complaint to the NCFBC Board
of Directors within 30 days of such observation.
2. The Board will review the written complaint and notify the accused in
writing that a complaint has been filed. The accused will be given a copy of
the written complaint.
3. The Board will appoint a Board member(s) or other NCFBC member(s) in good standing to investigate the complaint. The investigator(s) must file a report with the Secretary of the NCFBC within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
4. If the Board determines that the evidence warrants further investigation of the complaint, the accused will be given at least 3 requests to respond to the board. The accused must respond in writing to the Secretary of the NCFBC within 14 days of the final request. If the accused chooses not to respond or cooperate with the Board, the Board will consider the charges as made, and will document these proceedings for the permanent record, and the Board will no longer consider the accused “a member in good standing”.
5. Members not in good standing will not be allowed to:
B. Hold office in the club
C. Serve on NCFBC committees
D. Advertise in the NCFBC Newsletter, Regional Specialty catalog, or National Specialty catalog.
E. Participate in the breeder referral program
6. All individuals involved in the complaint, including the Board members, the accused, and person filing the complaint, will maintain confidentiality with respect to all matters involved in the inquiry.
My signature below represents that I agree to this Code of Ethics, and that I understand that my acceptance of this Code of Ethics, and signature, subjects me to the provisions and procedures as stated.
|Signed: The NCFBC Membership